The Ludwig build process
Ludwig’s Classic Maple shells are constructed of 7-ply North American maple for its high sensitivity, wide tuning range, and fast attack. They are molded with Ludwig’s Radio Frequency Shell Technology (RFST). This process utilizes a unique bonding system and adhesive to ensure all the plies are evenly cured throughout the circumference of the shells. And a 45-degree bearing edge is hand-sanded for a flawless, flat surface that enhances the shell’s sustain and harmonic presence.
The Ludwig sound
The maple construction of the 3-piece Classic Maple delivers a highly touch-responsive tone that will fit any genre of music. And their bold personality makes them ideal for live performance. The sound of Ludwig drums has been heard on countless recordings and performances over decades. The Classic Maple starts with that warm, iconic tone and takes it to a louder and more versatile level.
The Ludwig legacy
Since 1909, Ludwig drums have enjoyed one of the proudest legacies in percussion. The world has heard them under the sticks of Cream’s Ginger Baker, keeping the pulse behind Queen at Live Aid, and laying down the monstrous beat of Led Zeppelin’s “When the Levee Breaks.” But their biggest break came when Ringo Starr proudly played them on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964, making Ludwig a household name for aspiring and superstar drummers alike.
Ludwig Classic Maple Pro Beat 3-piece 24″ Kit Features:
- 3-piece kit with 24″ bass drum, 13″ mounted tom, and 16″ floor tom
- 7-ply North American maple construction delivers a huge voice
- 45-degree hand-sanded bearing edge transmits vibrations freely and accurately
- RFST molding increases drum stability
- Triad floor tom leg mounts facilitate easy packing into a hard case for secure transport
- True to Ludwig’s quality and tonal standards