Privacy & Security
At Kosmic, your privacy and your right to control your personal information is extremely important to us. We know that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
What personal information do we gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience with us.
We record the following information:
- Information you give us: we store information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can always choose not to provide certain information but it might impact on our service provision to you. We only use your information to communicate with you, to customise your shopping experience or to improve our website.
- Other information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Like many websites, we use "cookies" to track your purchases and for when you are logged onto our site. If you have cookies switched off, you will not be able to purchase from this site or log in for special pricing or offers.
How we use information
We will not collect any personal information about you except when you knowingly provide it. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take this very seriously.
Under no circumstances will your personal information be used for any other purpose than intended. We will not supply or sell these details to any third party whatsoever with the following exceptions:
- Business transfers: as we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses and assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred assets. In the event that we sell our business, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Legal compliance: we may release information when the release is appropriate to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies for fraud protection and credit risk reduction and the supplying of information to law enforcement agencies.
What choices do I have?
You can always choose not to provide information by not completing web forms and turning your cookies off. However, you will not be able to purchase on this site while cookies are switched off.
How secure is information about me?
We protect the security of your information by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts sensitive financial information. Our Secure Certificate is supplied by Thawte.
If you are under 18, we reserve the right not to accept your order if we believe: it is unlawful to do so, you do not have legitimate authority to authorise a purchase, you do not have the means to purchase or pay, our products may be used inappropriately or could cause harm.
Internet security and encryption
Before payment information is entered on the order page, it is transmitted across the internet. It is first encrypted by an extremely rigorous algorithm called RC4 128-bit (SSL v3.0), which is proven as secure for online shopping and e-commerce.
This encryption method is actually more secure than providing your credit card number over the phone - something many of us do without hesitation.
There are several indicators of a secure web page. The first is the https:// prefix on the URL. If this is present, it indicates that the connection is secure and encrypted. The URL is visible in the address bar at the top of your browser.
The second indicator of a secure page depends on your browser. Most modern browsers (including Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox and Netscape) display a small padlock or key in a lower corner of your screen. When this is closed or highlighted, the page is secure.
Kosmic's digital key, required for secure web page encryption, was provided by Equifax. Equifax performs a comprehensive background check on any company before issuing a digital key.
You can confirm the authenticity of our key by doing the following:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later: double click on the gold padlock to bring up details of the digital ID.
- Mozilla Firefox: double click on the gold padlock in the lower left hand corner and the 'View' button on the Security Information panel.
Once sent to us, your credit card number is stored in an encrypted format in a password protected area until processed and deleted.
For more information about our security practices please contact us.